The following events occurred in the 1870s:
- The Bohemian Grove Illuminati groupe emerges.
- White prospectors find gold in Wallowa Valley, homeland of the Nez Perce.
- Twin Peaks community is founded.
- Thomas Randolph Jefferson finds a cache of manuscript by his father, President Jefferson.
- Summer, Chief Joseph goes to place of "Sky People" formerly visited by Lewis before retreating to Canada.
- August, General Oliver Howard contacts Colonel Nelson Miles about the Nez Perce's retreat to British Columbia.
- October 5, 30 miles south of the Canadian border, Chief Joseph surrenders to General Howard.
- For 31 years, Captain Erskine Wood and Chief Joseph plead their case to 3 different presidents.
- Wayne Chance writes an entry about his finding of the Owl Cave with Denver Bob Hobbes, using a "Yakima map".
- January 14, Joseph delivers "A Plea for Peace & Equality" to Washington, D.C.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 The Secret History of Twin Peaks
- ↑ Twin Peaks: Access Guide to the Town