The following events took place in 1956:
- August 5 –
- In New Mexico, Sarah Novack goes on a date with a friend from school.
- A number of woodsmen appear in the New Mexico desert, accosting several motorists. One of them murders two people at the KPJK studio and broadcasts a strange incantation, which induces unconsciousness in those who hear it, including Sarah.
- A strange creature hatches from an egg. It makes its way to Sarah's bedroom, and crawls inside her mouth.
- Sarah's parents find her unconscious and rush her to a nearby emergency room. Sarah awakens in the backseat on the way with no memory of what happened; the doctors subsequently find nothing wrong with her.
- Over a dozen people in the area experience severe medical distress related to the radio broadcast.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Twin Peaks – "Part 8"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier
- ↑ The Secret History of Twin Peaks
- ↑ Twin Peaks Collectible CardArt