"Episode 24", or, "Wounds and Scars" is the seventeenth episode of the second season of Twin Peaks, and the twenty-fifth episode of the series as a whole. It originally aired March 28th, 1991.
Harry drinks in the Bookhouse, reflecting on memories of Josie. Hawk brings him a special breakfast from Norma. Harry asks how things are at the station, where Cooper and the other lawmen have taken charge and given full attention to the chess game. Hawk leaves and Harry pours another drink.
Annie Blackburn arrives at the Double R Diner and is introduced by her sister to Shelly Johnson. She requests no charity from her sister. Major Briggs calls his pie "compelling" as Shelly gives him his bill. The Log Lady notices the marking on his neck.
Hawk reports Harry's condition to Cooper and discuss the unusual circumstances of Josie Packard's death, her body only weighing 65 pounds.
Leo brings Earle a pair of slippers, a pipe, and a newspaper as Earle comments on life out in the country. He examines the newspaper for Cooper's next move in their game, which he interprets as a trick, finding that he is going for a stalemate and is receiving help. This infuriates Earle and he plays his bamboo flute.
Cooper goes to Harry and tells him about her criminal past. The sheriff commands him to leave the Bookhouse.
Pete uses various chessboards to figure out the stalemate game to lose no pieces, but has found no way without losing at least six. Andy and Lucy also play a game of chess and have a small argument over Andy not realizing that the knight must move with the "hook thing." Major Briggs and the Log Lady arrive at the station.
They discuss with Cooper their respective markings they received from their respective disappearances, Margaret's having occured when she was seven years old. She notes that she heard the call of an owl during this experience, and heard the same when her husband died.
Jack sings to Audrey on their picnic and she expresses the belief that nobody truly knows her, but he expresses his interest in her.
Doctor and Eileen Hayward arrive home from the grocery store. Donna tells them about Craig's visit, which they say to be impossible, as Craig had died years ago. Eileen calls the number that Earle left, learning that it was for a cemetary. Doctor Hayward opens the gift, finding Earle's next chess move, which he leaves to go deliver to Cooper.
Ben comes to visit Eileen, with Donna watching their quiet discussion, but cannot hear them.
Norma examines a flyer for the Miss Twin Peaks Contest and urges Shelly to compete in it, but she dismisses the notion. Earle, disguised as a biker, compliments her, also urging her to enter in the competition. He spots Cooper, who then first meets Annie, finding an immediate interest in her. Annie pours Cooper a cup of coffee, during which he notices a scar on her wrist. He tries the coffee, telling her she made it "just right." Earle then leaves as Hawk arrives, telling Cooper that there is a problem at the Bookhouse.
Cooper and Hawk go to the Bookhouse, where Andy is waiting after Harry has thrown around nearly every piece of furniture in a drunken rage. Cooper urges Harry to hand over his gun. Harry refuses and begins to speak about how Josie managed to improve everything in his life and his regrets in not taking her away. Dale embraces Harry, bringing him to a calmness. Dale and Hawk then put Harry to bed.
Nadine and Mike then book a room at the Great Northern Hotel as "Mr. and Mrs. Hinkman" as the Stop Ghostwood fashion show begins. Dick hosts as Lucy and Andy model clothing. Catherine visits Ben at the bar, amused at his attempt against the Ghostwood campaign, not convinced that he has made a change in his values. Tim Pinkle then presents the pine weasel, which bites Dick on the nose. This causes chaos, ending up with Audrey falling into Jack's arms and they share a kiss.
Jones goes to the Bookhouse, where she incapacitates a Bookhouse Boy and joins Harry in bed.
- Kyle MacLachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper
- Michael Ontkean as Sheriff Harry S. Truman
- Madchen Amick as Shelly Johnson
- Dana Ashbrook as Bobby Briggs (credit only)
- Richard Beymer as Benjamin Horne
- Lara Flynn Boyle as Donna Hayward
- Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne
- Warren Frost as Dr. Will Hayward
- Peggy Lipton as Norma Jennings
- James Marshall as James Hurley (credit only)
- Everett McGill as Big Ed Hurley
- Jack Nance as Pete Martell
- Kimmy Robertson as Lucy Moran
- Joan Chen as Jocelyn Packard
- Piper Laurie as Catherine Martell
- Eric Da Re as Leo Johnson
- Harry Goaz as Deputy Andy Brennan
- Michael Horse as Deputy Tommy 'Hawk' Hill
- Kenneth Welsh as Windom Earle
- Russ Tamblyn as Dr. Lawrence Jacoby
Guest Starring Edit
- Billy Zane as John Justice Wheeler
- Ian Buchanan as Dick Tremayne
- Heather Graham as Annie Blackburn
- David L. Lander as Tim Pinkle
- Wendy Robie as Nadine Hurley
- Don Davis as Maj. Garland Briggs
- Gary Hershberger as Mike Nelson
- Catherine E. Coulson as The Log Lady
- Mary Jo Deschanel as Eileen Hayward
- Brenda Strong as Jones
- Ron Blair as Randy St. Croix
- Julie Hayek as Model
- Betsy Lynn George as Teen Model
Shooting script differences Edit
- The script implies even more than the episode that Tim made the pine weasel bite Dick on purpose.