This article contains plot spoilers for the 2017 series of Twin Peaks.
- Not to be confused with Episode 15.
"There's some fear in letting go."―Margaret Lanterman
Nadine Hurley walks along the street, proudly displaying her gold shovel. She reaches Big Ed's Gas Farm and tells Ed that she has changed, having come to the realization that he only stayed with her due to his guilt, so she decides to "free" him, giving her blessing for him to pursue Norma. She then leaves a shocked Ed at the Gas Farm.
Ed goes to the Double R Diner to whisk away Norma, but she apologizes as Walter joins her. Crushed, he sits down and orders a coffee from Shelly, adding "and a cyanide tablet." Norma tells Walter to take over the franchise and to leave her with the flagship diner, as she wishes to spend more time with the family she has made through the diner. Baffled, Walter tells her she has made a mistake and leaves. Norma goes to Ed and he asks her to marry him. They embrace and Norma agrees to Ed's proposal as Shelly watches with glee.
Cooper's doppelganger drives down a dark road, reaching a convenience store, where a woodsman leads him to a room above it. He requests Phillip Jeffries and is led to a motel. A woman approaches and unlocks a room door for him. Inside the motel room, he meets with Jeffries, speaking through a steam-emitting mechanism. The doppelganger asks about Jeffries sending Ray to kill him and confirms that Jeffries had not contacted him at the motel, and that the person who did had sent Ray. He reflects on Jeffries' appearance at the FBI headquarters and questions him about Judy, who Jeffries' says "Cooper" has already met. A phone rings as the doppelganger continues questioning Jeffries. As the mechanism disappears, the doppelganger answers the phone, but is promptly teleported outside the convenience store, and finds that the line is dead.
Leaving the phone booth, he is confronted by an armed Richard Horne, who knows him as an FBI agent from a photo his mother Audrey kept. "Cooper" quickly disarms him and tells him to join him in the truck. He then sends a text, reading, "Las Vegas?" before leaving with Richard. The convenience store emits electricity and smoke before it disappears.
Cyril Pons walks through the woods with his dog as Steven and Gersten Hayward hide in the shadow of a large tree. Steven has a gun with him and is contemplating suicide, while Gersten tries to console him. Pons sees them, and Gersten runs to a different hiding place before hearing a gunshot. Pons reaches the trailer park and tells Carl about the situation. They look over at Steven and Becky's trailer, with the window still broken from their last fight.
At the Roadhouse, the crowd dances to "Sharp Dressed Man" as James and Freddie approach Renee's table. Chuck, her husband, attacks him and Freddie comes to his aid with his gloved fist, knocking Chuck and his friend out. James urges the crowd to contact 9-1-1 for the men Freddie incapacitated.
Chantal and Hutch eat in their van.
Janey-E brings Cooper a slice of cake, reflecting on their life since they became friends to the Mitchum brothers. As he eats, Cooper observes and experiments with objects on the table, particularly a TV remote. He turns on Sunset Boulevard and hears Gordon Cole's name spoken in it, startling him. He then looks over at an electrical outlet and crawls toward it, sticking a fork inside and causing a blackout.
Margaret calls Hawk, telling him that she is dying. He expresses his condolences, but she speaks to him about death and tells him to remember everything that she has told him and to watch for "the one." Hawk quietly says goodbye as she hangs up.
In Alphabetical OrderEdit
- Jay Aaseng as Drunk
- Joe Adler as Roger
- Mädchen Amick as Shelly Briggs
- Dana Ashbrook as Deputy Bobby Briggs
- David Bowie as Phillip Jeffries
- Catherine Coulson as Margaret Lanterman (The Log Lady)
- Owain Rhys Davies as Agent Wilson
- Eamon Farren as Richard Horne
- Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne
- Jay R. Ferguson as Special Agent Randall Headley
- Miguel Ferrer as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfield
- Patrick Fischler as Duncan Todd
- Robert Forster as Sheriff Frank Truman
- Nathan Frizzell as Voice of Phillip Jeffries
- Mark Frost as Cyril Pons
- Pierce Gagnon as Sonny Jim Jones
- Harry Goaz as Deputy Andy Brennan
- Grant Goodeve as Walter Lawford
- Michael Horse as Deputy Chief Tommy "Hawk" Hill
- Caleb Landry Jones as Steven Burnett
- Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Chantal Hutchens
- Peggy Lipton as Norma Jennings
- James Marshall as James Hurley
- Everett McGill as Big Ed Hurley
- Clark Middleton as Charlie
- Casey O'Neill as Skipper
- John Pirruccello as Deputy Chad Broxford
- Kimmy Robertson as Lucy Brennan
- Wendy Robie as Nadine Hurley
- Tim Roth as Gary "Hutch" Hutchens
- Rod Rowland as Chuck
- Carlton Lee Russell as Jumping Man
- Malachy Sreenan as Bosomy Woman
- Harry Dean Stanton as Carl Rodd
- JR Starr as MC
- Jessica Szohr as Renee
- Jake Wardle as Freddie Sykes
- Naomi Watts as Janey-E Jones
- Alicia Witt as Gersten Hayward
- Charlyne Yi as Ruby
- Nae Yuuki as Naido
- The Veils:
- Stunt Double: Cody Thornbury
- In Memory of Margaret Lanterman
- Christian Calloway as woodsman
- Cecil B. DeMille as himself (stock footage)
- William Holden as himself / Joe Gillis (voice)
- Stan Johnson as himself / 1st Assistant Director (stock footage)
- Gabriel Lane as woodsman
- Gloria Swanson as herself / Norma Desmond (stock footage)